Welcome to UK Libraries' Social Work Page
This online guide provides brief descriptions of and links to UK Libraries services and resources for faculty and graduate students in the College of Social Work. We hope it will facilitate access to and use of these services and resources to enhance faculty and student research, teaching, and learning.
About UK Libraries
- Flagship public university for the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Consists of nine major facilities: William T. Young Library, Agricultural Information Center, Hunter M. Adams College of Design Library, Education Library, Shaver Engineering Library, Lucille Caudill Little Fine Arts Library, Medical Center Library, Science Library, and Special Collections.
- UK Libraries has over 4 million books (including e-books) to support research and teaching in all subject areas.
- UK Libraries provides access to over 97,000 serial publications (journals, magazines, newspapers) in electronic and other formats.
- Almost 9,000,000 dollars spent in subscriptions, licensing fees (recurring costs) in 2012.
- Over 1.7 million full-text articles are downloaded from UK Libraries in a year.
- Over 1, 400,000 one time resource purchases (non recurring costs) in 2012.
- Almost 30,000 reference transactions in 2012.
- 319 online published Research Guides (subject guides) created by UK Libraries faculty and staff in support of student enrichment.
- 528 information literacy instructional sessions and 135 individual research consultations were conducted in 2012 for 10,849 participants/students.
Are you a library power user?
Things to help you be a library power user:
Use your InfoKat account to see due dates, renew books, learn your fines, track your requests, save records and searches.
Use your ILLiad account to request books and articles from outside UK.
Use Book and Media Express to request delivery of books from any campus library to a different campus library. Also offers delivery of media material from the Young Audio Visual Services Media Library to a different campus library and delivery to a pick-up point for all patrons needing any material retrieved from Storage - Library Collections.
Use Article Express to acquire reproductions from our libraries' collections electronically.
Use Storage Article Express to acquire Book Chapters/Journal Articles from Storage material for electronic delivery
For more in-depth information, use the tabs at the top of this page.
Reference and Information Services
William T. Young Library
Responsibilities: General Reference, Information Literacy and Library Instruction, Reference Collection Management, Academic Liaison for Social Work