Full-text electronic books (eBooks). Search over 45,000 eBooks, including publications from all of the major university presses. Many of the titles are reference books or computer books. Subjects covered: Agriculture; Arts; Biology and Life Sciences; Business, Economics and Management; Chemistry; Computer Science; Earth Sciences; Education; General Works and Reference; History: United States; History: World and General; Home Economics; Language and Linguistics; Law; Library Science and Publishing; Literature; Mathematics and Statistics; Medicine; Networking and Telecommunications; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Religion; Science: General; Social Sciences: General; Sociology and Anthropology; Sports and Recreation; Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing; Travel and Geography.
Special note: An issue exists where some Internet Explorer 9 users are given an "Open/Save/Save As..." prompt each time they turn the page of an e-book while browsing online. The problem is under investigation; in the meantime, we recommend using a different browser (such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) to avoid the issue.
You can use the EBSCO ebooks Mobile App to search the EBSCO ebooks collection available through UK Libraries. Using the ebooks Mobile App you can download and read books, place holds, sync bookmarks across mobile devices, customize font size, margins, and other preferences.
In order to use the ebooks Mobile App you will need a My EBSCOhost account and an Adobe ID.
To create a My EBSCOhost account:
A My EBSCOhost account will allow you to save search results to folders, share those folders, create email alerts when new search results are available and more.
To create an Adobe ID:
An Adobe ID is a free user account which allows users to download ebooks with a certain checkout period.
Click the above link to view the Quick Start Guide. This provides step by step instructions along with sceenshots on how to authenticate the ebooks Mobile App, find your library, search and download ebooks.
EBSCO eBooks App - Authenticating the App - Tutorial
The tutorial video below was created by EBSCO Support. View the tutorial video to learn how to authenticate the ebooks Mobile App using your Adobe ID and how to select your library.
EBSCO eBooks App - Overview Tutorial
The tutorial video below was created by EBSCO Support. Watch this tutorial video to learn how to search and download ebooks after downloading and authenticating the ebooks Mobile App.
- 3 Days
- You can re-download the e-book from your My EBSCOhost folder at any time during your checkout period.
- If someone else is using an e-book you want, you can place a hold to download it when it becomes available. Enter your e-mail address in the field provided and click "Place Hold."
Number of users permitted
- Default is one user at a time per title
- For information on a specific title or if you are a professor wishing to assign an e-book for a class, please ask us.
- If you are viewing an e-book online but do not wish to check it out, please close it when you are finished by clicking the Result List, New Search, Back, or Exit links in the eBook Viewer. This allows other users to access the item.
- Up to 60 pages of an e-book can be printed or saved per user as a PDF file from within the e-book Full Text viewer.
- The number of pages may vary depending on individual publisher-specified limits.