- What information is being collected? Is the information personally identifiable?
- Why is it necessary to collect this information? Is the data collection appropriate to the activity or transaction? If not, why does the site need it?
- How is the data being collected? Does the site set cookies?
- How is personal information used once it is collected?
- Is it ever used for purposes other than those for which a visitor has provided it? Can a visitor prohibit these other uses?
- Can users access information that has been collected about them?
- Are users able to correct inaccurate data?
- How long is personal information stored? Is it kept any longer than necessary for the task at hand?
- What is the complaint and redress process? Whom can users contact?
- What country's laws govern the site?
When reviewing the policy, be careful to distinguish information about data collection and privacy from language included to market to you or to encourage you to reveal information.
Privacy Policies. (n.d.). Retrieved August 11, 2014, from http://consumerprivacyguide.org/pp