What is InfoKat Discovery?
- a great starting point for research; a tool for searching multiple library resources from one interface
- a single search box that can be used to retrieve books, articles, theses, media and more, formerly found in the Libraries' catalog, databases, digital collections (such as Explore UK), and, in the future, UKnowledge! The facets on the left side of the results screen can be used to narrow your search by publication type, language, date, topic and more.
- a means of helping you discover the best resources for more specialized, in-depth research.
However, if you:
Keep in mind that:
- InfoKat Discovery does NOT search all library databases. For example, Web of Science results are included in InfoKat Discovery, but many of our digital newspaper collections are not. Some databases with limited user access (e.g., Ageline, SPORTDiscus, Naxos Music Library) are not included at this time and should be searched directly.
- When you are off-campus, sign into InfoKat Discovery to see a more comprehensive list of results, including sources such as Web of Science, UK's PubMed, GeoRef, or ARTstor.