When you are ready to submit all required documents for consideration for the award, please use this checklist to make sure that you are including all required documents. Unless specifically listed, there are no length or format requirements for each application component. Please complete the application checklist/cover letter and submit it with the other award materials.
If you have questions about any application materials or requirements, please check the FAQ tab, or contact the Selection Committee chair
- Application cover sheet (including biographical information about the applicant and faculty sponsor)
- Project Abstract (250-300 words)
- 750-1000 word reflective essay on the research process, including use of library resources. The essay must be in English.
- Final version of the project including a complete bibliography in a standard publication style consistent with the discipline. The award winner will be encouraged to have their essay and project files made publicly accessible through UKnowledge, the University of Kentucky’s institutional repository.
- Supporting statement from the faculty sponsor(s) - (faculty of record of the credit-bearing course in which the project was completed, or the faculty mentor who oversaw the project)
Please note the following details when submitting application materials:
- All application materials should be emailed as .pdf files to the Selection Committee chair
- Use the subject line "UKL Dean's Award Submission: [Applicant Name]"
- If there are format, size, or other concerns please contact the Selection Committee chair by email in order to make appropriate accommodations.