- NCBI: National Center for Biotechnology Information
- The NCBI has a large number of interlinked specialty databases useful to molecular biologists, geneticists, and others researching genetic and protein sequences. The "How To" section of the NCBI site provides strategies for obtaining specific data from the system.
- The NCBI Bookshelf
- Bookshelf provides free access to books and documents in life science and healthcare. A vital node in the data-rich resource network at NCBI, Bookshelf enables users to easily browse, retrieve, and read content, and spurs discovery of related information.
- UCSC Genome Browser
- This site contains the reference sequence and working draft assemblies for a large collection of genomes. It also provides portals to the ENCODE and Neandertal projects. UCSC Genome Browser is developed and maintained by the Genome Bioinformatics Group, a cross-departmental team within the Center for Biomolecular Science and Engineering (CBSE) at the University of California Santa Cruz (UCSC). (Source: provider website)
- Encyclopedia of DNA Elements
The ENCODE Consortium is an international collaboration of research groups funded by the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI). The goal of ENCODE is to build a comprehensive parts list of functional elements in the human genome, including elements that act at the protein and RNA levels, and regulatory elements that control cells and circumstances in which a gene is active.
- Ensembl Genome Browser
- Ensembl is a software system which produces and maintains automatic annotation on selected eukaryotic genomes and is jointly developed by EMBL - EBI (European Bioinformatics Institute) and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute. (Source: provider website)
ExPASy Proteomics Server "The ExPASy (Expert Protein Analysis System) proteomics server of the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) is dedicated to the analysis of protein sequences and structures as well as 2-D PAGE." Databases include Swiss-Prot, TrEMBL, and their derivatives.
MCL Library Liaison
Services provided include orientation to library subscription databases, PubMed, and mobile resources, as well as research assistance.