Accessing Electronic Resources from Off Campus
All the library's proprietary electronic resources are available to students and faculty anywhere, anytime using EZProxy and your LINKBLUE account.
Resources for Library and Information Science
Here are some of the resources specific to Library and Information Science that University of Kentucky has available:
Become a Library Power User!
Use your UK and library accounts
- Your InfoKat account: see due dates, renew books, learn your fines, track your requests, save records and searches. These are your borrowing privileges.
- Your ILLiad account: place orders, renew loans.
- Get off-campus access to databases using your linkblue account.
- Access your e-reserves in Blackboard.
- Create your own accounts in EBSCOhost, JSTOR, Web of Science, WorldCat, ARTstor (click on LOGIN), and other resources to save searches, records, make lists, etc.
Book and Media Express and ILLiad bring materials directly to you.
- Book and Media Express and ILLiad deliver items that you have requested to your favorite pick up point, for example, Little Fine Arts Library.
- Copies of journal articles and book chapters are delivered electronically to your ILLiad account.
- Book and Media Express retrieves items in storage for you.
- ILLiad retrieves items from other libraries for you--don't worry if UK doesn't have it, we can get it for you from another library.
- Click here for more information on ILLiad; click here for more information on Book and Media Express.
Book orders: Use this form to recommend a book or dvd for purchase.
Reserve a library room:
- in Little Fine Arts Library: study rooms for individual or group study, Niles Gallery for lectures and other events
- in Young Library: study rooms, UKAA Auditorium/Alumni Gallery
Library instruction: Contact Kate Seago to schedule an appointment for an individual consult or a class session.
Catalogs and Search Engines
This is a list of library catalogs and other web resources that are pertinent to Library and Information Science.