Not finding what you want? Call, email, chat with or visit a UK Reference Librarian who will be glad to help you.
Recommend a book you'd like to see added to the Libraries' collections.
New AMA Manual of Style Platform Now Available
The AMA Manual of Style imigrated in January 2013 to a new website. Among the enhancements is the ability to annotate and save sections you find most useful.
If you have registered for a 'My Style' account, the publisher will be contacting you to advise you of the login details you should now use. The new AMA Manual of Style became available through all links on our website on January 31, 2013; the existing site will be linked from the new site until February 28, 2013.
A video tour of the new site is also available.
Look for other Research Guides
New Edition of the Chicago Manual of Style
The 16th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style is now available online. The new edition includes:
- Expanded coverage of electronic publications, including procedures for proofreading web-based and other electronic documents;
- Electronic-editing checklist for editors and writers;
- Expanded section on bias-free language;
- Expanded coverage of fair use and electronic rights, including an overview of the NIH Public Access Policy;
- New and improved hyphenation guide, presented in an easy-to-use tabular format;
- introduction to Unicode, the international computing standard for letters and symbols required by the world’s languages, including tables with Unicode numbers;
- References to organizations that publish their own guidelines and standards online;
- Newly uniform stylistic treatment of elements in the two major systems of documentation;
- Updated advice on DOIs versus URLs, including more examples;
- More tips for citing blogs, podcasts, and other electronic sources;
- Thoroughly revised coverage of production processes, including an overview of electronic markup and XML;
- Expanded headings on numbered paragraphs and more cross-references for ease of navigation, especially online.
A Quick Guide is also available.