What is Literature Online?
Our Literature Online collection includes access to the MLA International Bibliography, the Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature (ABELL), as well as over 300,000 full-text works from the eighth century to the present day.
Literature Online also includes dictionaries, catalogs, handbooks, bibliographies, indexes, other reference works, published working papers, conference papers, conference proceedings, citations of dissertations , handbooks, anthologies for teaching, syllabi, textbooks, and curriculum guides.
Subject coverage includes:
- Literature from all over the world, including Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, and North and South America
- Folklore: folk literature, music, art, rituals, and belief systems
- Language and linguistics: the study of languages from any historical period, including history and theory of linguistics, comparative linguistics, semantics, stylistics, syntax and translation
- Literary theory and criticism
- Dramatic arts: film, radio, television and theatre
- History of printing and publishing
- Instructional materials covering language, literature, rhetoric and composition at college level.