The 15th and 16th editions of the Chicago Manual of Style are available online. The 16th edition includes:
- Procedures for proofreading electronic documents;
- Electronic-editing checklist;
- Section on bias-free language;
- Coverage of fair use and electronic rights;
- Hyphenation guide;
- introduction to Unicode, the international computing standard for letters and symbol;
- Organizations that publish their own guidelines and standards online;
- Uniform stylistic treatment of elements in the two major systems of documentation;
- Advice on DOIs versus URLs;
- Tips for citing blogs and podcasts;
- Coverage of production processes, including an overview of electronic markup and XML;
- Headings on numbered paragraphs and more cross-references.
A Quick Guide is also available.