Not finding what you want? Call, email, chat with or visit a UK Reference Librarian who will be glad to help you.
Recommend an item you'd like to see added to the Libraries' collections.
Look for other Research Guides
Chicago Manual of Style
The 15th and 16th editions of the Chicago Manual of Style are available online. The 16th edition includes:
- Expanded coverage of electronic publications, including procedures for proofreading web-based and other electronic documents;
- Electronic-editing checklist for editors and writers;
- Expanded section on bias-free language;
- Expanded coverage of fair use and electronic rights, including an overview of the NIH Public Access Policy;
- New and improved hyphenation guide, presented in an easy-to-use tabular format;
- introduction to Unicode, the international computing standard for letters and symbols required by the world’s languages, including tables with Unicode numbers;
- References to organizations that publish their own guidelines and standards online;
- Newly uniform stylistic treatment of elements in the two major systems of documentation;
- Updated advice on DOIs versus URLs, including more examples;
- More tips for citing blogs, podcasts, and other electronic sources;
- Thoroughly revised coverage of production processes, including an overview of electronic markup and XML;
- Expanded headings on numbered paragraphs and more cross-references for ease of navigation, especially online.
A Quick Guide is also available.