Look for other Research Guides
Chicago Manual of Style
The 15th and 16th editions of the Chicago Manual of Style are available online. The 16th edition includes:
- Expanded coverage of electronic publications, including procedures for proofreading web-based and other electronic documents;
- Electronic-editing checklist for editors and writers;
- Expanded section on bias-free language;
- Expanded coverage of fair use and electronic rights, including an overview of the NIH Public Access Policy;
- New and improved hyphenation guide, presented in an easy-to-use tabular format;
- introduction to Unicode, the international computing standard for letters and symbols required by the world’s languages, including tables with Unicode numbers;
- References to organizations that publish their own guidelines and standards online;
- Newly uniform stylistic treatment of elements in the two major systems of documentation;
- Updated advice on DOIs versus URLs, including more examples;
- More tips for citing blogs, podcasts, and other electronic sources;
- Thoroughly revised coverage of production processes, including an overview of electronic markup and XML;
- Expanded headings on numbered paragraphs and more cross-references for ease of navigation, especially online.
A Quick Guide is also available.