Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Works Progress Administration: Access information

Library Information


Most of the Collection of WPA Materials on the University of Kentucky's campus is held in storage in the William T. Young Library.



Special Collections Research Center

The Special Collections Research Center is located in the M. I. King Library.

General use of Special Collections materials is limited to building use only.

For further borrowing details please see their borrowing information.


The WPA document collection is available for checkout. Because most of the items are held in storage, they must be requested through Book and Media Express.

To request an item from storage, fill out the online form.

There are also some books and other materials published by the WPA that are housed in the library stacks.

Interlibrary Loan (ILL)

To promote use of the WPA collection across the Southeast, these materials are available for Interlibrary Loan. To obtain an item from UK's WPA collection go to your local library and request the item via ILL.

Other Document Delivery

The University of Kentucky is currently developing a way to provide access via photocopy or digital copy of items that are not circulated. Once this method is in place, it will be added here.