It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Virtual Alternative Media Project (VAMP): C
A research guide to online alternative media resources.
Nonprofit media arts organization dedicated to
* informing and educating the general public about the Asian American experience through film and public television,
* advocating for increasing the presence of Asian Americans and the accuracy of the portrayals of them in mainstream media,
* exhibiting Asian American films and videos on public television and during our annual San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival,
* funding Asian American projects and filmmakers, and
* distributing their work to schools, universities, libraries and community groups around the country.
Dedicated to promoting and supporting media literacy education as a framework for accessing, analyzing, evaluating, creating and participating with media content, CML works to help citizens, especially the young, develop critical thinking and media production skills needed to live fully in the 21st century media culture.
"Sustainable communities, Attainable results." Promotes urban sustainability—the more effective use of existing resources and community assets to improve the health of natural systems and the wealth of people, today and in the future. CNT works across disciplines and issues, including transportation and community development, energy, natural resources, and climate change.
Supports conscientious objectors and promotes individual and collective resistance to war and preparations for war. Seeks to provide full and accurate information about military life and war to individuals affected by military service, conscription, and recruitment.
Daily news site focused on race and culture from a community perspective. Published by the Applied Research Center (ARC), a racial justice think tank using media, research, and activism to promote solutions.
"Holding Power Accountable." Nonpartisan, nonprofit advocacy organization that acts as a vehicle for citizens to make their voices heard in the political process and to hold their elected leaders accountable to the public interest.