Not finding what you want? Call, email, chat with or visit a UK Reference Librarian who will be glad to help you.
About the Map Collection
The Map Collection is located on the 4th floor of the Science Library in the King Building. The collection, international in coverage, is composed of maps, aerial photos, atlases, and gazetteers. Access to the maps and aerial photos is generally available M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. You may call the Science Library desk at (859) 257-5730 to make sure staff will be available to assist you before you arrive. Many of the materials are indexed in InfoKat, the Libraries' online catalog.
Overview - The map collection includes approximately 242,000 maps and aerial photos. The following are examples of the types of cartographic materials found here.
- Aerial photos of Kentucky counties
- Kentucky city and county maps
- Sanborn fire insurance maps of Kentucky cities
- Digital images of historic Kentucky maps
- Topographic maps of all 50 states
- U.S. and international geologic maps
- International topographic maps, mostly WWII era
- U.S. and international nautical charts
- U.S. Board on Geographic Names gazetteers
- State, national and thematic atlases
410C King Library