About the Map Collection
The Map Collection is located on the 4th floor of the Science Library. Access to the collection is generally available M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. You may call the Science Library desk at (859) 257-5730 to make sure staff will be available to assist you before you arrive.
Many of the materials are indexed in InfoKat, the Libraries' online catalog.
Overview - The map collection includes approximately 242,000 maps and aerial photos. The following are examples of the types of cartographic materials found here.
- Aerial photos of Kentucky counties
- Current and historic Kentucky city, county, and state maps
- Sanborn fire insurance maps of Kentucky cities
- Digital images of historic Kentucky maps
- Topographic maps of all 50 states
- U.S. and international geologic maps
- International topographic maps, mostly WWII era
- U.S. and international nautical charts
- U.S. Board on Geographic Names gazetteers
- State, national, and thematic maps and atlases
Where to Find Us
410C King Library