In this research guide you'll find resources to support research in environmental issues and events in Kentucky from a historical perspective. Please feel free to contact us at any time for research assistance and consultations.
In addition to the text-based resources referenced in this guide you might also find a variety of media to be useful to your work in this course.
- Nunn Center for Oral History - Spokedb (UK Libraries)
- All audio visual items from Appalshop, Inc. that UK Libraries own
- Appalachia: Environmental and Cultural Impact of Mountaintop Mining - Segment 12 of 15 (03:53), Films on Demand
- Kentuckians for the Commonwealth vs. US Army Crop of Engineers - Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, February 11th, 2014, Free Law Project
- Mountain Top Removal - Coal, Mining, Appalachian, Mountaintop, Water and Forest Destruction Issues - podcasts, Internet Archive
- Search results for "mountaintop removal," Internet Archive
* For some research topics you may need to consider the Kentucky Historical Society or local county historical society resources.
"Woods" - Wendell Berry
I part the out thrusting branches
and come in beneath
the blessed and the blessing trees.
Though I am silent
there is singing around me.
Though I am dark
there is vision around me.
Though I am heavy
there is flight around me.