UK Library News
Report a Bug or Request a Feature
Use the LibGuides section of Eventum to report a bug or request a feature in or related to the Research Guides. (Use your AD/MC account to login.) When you first login, select LibGuides from the Project drop-down.
Below are links to Eventum as well as an Eventum Help Page. If you have not updated your log-in information in Eventum, please do so before creating an issue. Contact WebAdmin if you have any questions.
GuideLines for Research Guides
The general intent of the UK Libraries' Research Guides is to provide subject-oriented pathfinders/instructional guides and class-oriented pages.
Existing pages on the Libraries' website (e.g., campus library pages, the main links from the navigation bar) will be maintained on the UK server. Links to Research Guides on the SpringShare site can be added to any of these pages.
To avoid confusion, duplication and overlap, URLs to all Electronic Resources will be maintained on the UK web server. This will permit the continued use of all the existing pages on the site and will make the maintenance of the links added to the SpringShare site much more manageable. The Information Resources Process for Research Guides document details the process for using these resources on the SpringShare site.
Once a new Research Guide is ready for public use, send the name of the Guide to email@example.com so it can be indexed.
Guidelines Established at the July 21, 2009 CM Meeting
- The first tab on every page will be called "Getting Started"; all other tabs will be at the discretion of the Content Manager.
- We will use the Registrar’s list of classes for our course numbers.
- We will use the UK editorial guide for our conventions.
- The “Ask a Librarian Link” will be the first box on the left-hand side, across from the profile. The page will have “Ask-a-Librarian” on the left and the profile on the right. Link to the box below for the standard format for this box.
- Class pages will be kept with the subject Research Guide. They will be in a drop-down box under a Course Guides tab.
- Layer the URLs for all links under the text for that link, i.e., do not make URLs part of the visible text.
- If you use initialisms or acronyms to keep your tabs short, use the description field to create a mouse-over that spells out the meaning in full.
- If a student or other temporary employee works on a Research Guide, a full-time librarian or staff member must oversee the creation of the page and approve its content before it goes live. The temporary employee should be given access as an editor or collaborator, NOT as a co-owner. The full-time person's profile will be affiliated with the page, and that person will take over maintenance of the page when the temporary person has left.
Not finding what you want? Call, email, chat with or visit a UK Reference Librarian who will be glad to help you.